Monday, June 3, 2013
Design Wall Monday
But still - I did start sewing down the lily appliques. I found out that rayon - although pretty and shiny has its limitations. Its just not strong enough to go through the thread layers of the appliques and not break in my machine. I switch to polysheen and it was fine. I really like how that last layer of thread color just adds a new detail to the water lilies. Its subtle but effective.
I decided that I'm going to put a lot of thread work into the piece to flatten it a bit. That way the lilies will pop and the whole piece won't look too 2-d.
With end of school year activities and company coming - we'll see how much I get done!~
See other great design walls at Judy's Patchwork Times