Friday, March 15, 2024

Learning to Fail on Off the Wall Friday

 


So last week, I was talking to a friend of mine and she said, "Ohhhh I don't have a creative bone in my body."  If I only I had a dime for every time I heard that.  I do believe people are born with strengths and weaknesses and there is no reason that you need to be strong in everything.  HOWEVER...I believe that everyone can enjoy the joy of "making" no matter what their talents.  I mean think about it.  How many kids don't like to color and draw?  Hardly any.  It's only when they hit about age 8 do they let the world's perception of their art affect them.  

It's all about silencing your inner critic and being willing to fail.  It's scary for sure but I feel like it's the secret to being a creative success.  

Since we're in the middle of spring rush at work, I'll leave it there - but you get what I mean....

So What Have You Been Up to Creatively?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

Chantal said...

I get that from people too that they're not good at drawing. My answer is always: Well, so was Picasso yet so many people love what he did! It makes them think.
Have a great weekend. ;^)

Melva said...

I always argue that you don't find out WHAT you are good at unless you try and discover the truth...

Nina Marie said...

Ohhhh Melva - WoW - you are so right!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love that saying and also what Melva wrote. I second guess myself to the point of stopping me which I shouldn't do. Thank you!