Friday, July 24, 2020

Global Quilt Connection - Off the Wall Friday

So right now I should be at Quilting By the Lake if it wasn't for this pandemic. I would be lying  if I said I haven't spent the week pouting.  After 20 years of going, I can stop any time of the day and know exactly what I would be doing there.  I know....first world problems......that doesn't mean I have to like it.

BUT...under things I do Like..... Global Quilt Connection

Sue Bleiweiss and Lyric Kinard came up with the brilliant idea to bring together quilting teachers from around the world with guild representatives.  They are hosting on Zoom  "Meet the Teacher" webinars so that teachers can describe the  live online courses and lectures they offer .  Not only is this a great way for quilters to connect while still disconnecting, but also its a nice way to keep ideas/information flowing through out the quilting world.


The webinars are free to attend but pre-registration is required.  They will be given on  Aug 5, 2020, Sept 2, 2020 and Sept 9,2020.

If you're like me and don't belong to a guild....no worries.  The Hostesses have set up the page so that each teacher's name is linked to their webpage.  That means there is plenty of surfing  you can do and look at what teachers are doing.

(I could tell you how TWICE I tried to join our local guild and it didn't work out - but THAT is a whole other set of posts - LOL!)

So What Have Been Up to Creatively?
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

2 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Hmmm... I joined our local guild, and found myself on the board within a month or two, wondering how I got there and REGRETTING IT LOUDLY to my family members... Just extricated myself from the board last month (whew!) and am feeling a little "meh" about the guild in general, especially now that everything is Zoom meetings as far out as anyone can imagine. There is only so much sitting in front of my computer with the video camera that I can take, you know what I mean?

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Nina Marie, thanks so much for sharing that link. There are some wonderful teachers out there and as I checked out a couple of them, some do have their own online course also. I'm no longer a member of my local quilting guild but we have a great group of Textile artists that could be interested in this. Thanks again and so sorry that your missing Quilting by the Lake. Take care!