Finally, I've started on my new project. This weekend, I got back into the groove of creating and managed to get a good bit of wallhanging for my family room done. You can see the design process for this project here. With the four designs sketched out - I decided on the second one - since I wanted it to be a bit busy but not too busy. The last two designs seemed like there weren't enough quiet spaces for the eye to rest. The first was too patterned. I guess the second was my Goldilocks design (grin).
With that decision out of the way, I went up into my fabric loft to pull out some prints. I wanted to use a good mixture of commercial, batik and hand dyeds so the whole think had an eclectic feel to it. Also, I wanted to stick to the warm fall tones found in the room. Here are my choices . . . .
With the design all picked out - the quilt is really easy to make and coming along nicely. I'm using freezer paper templates to make the circles (gathering the edges around underneath) and the leaves are rough edge appliqued.(with a little zig-zag stitch on the edge). I really like how its coming and I think it will fit in the room nicely. I'm wondering though, if I'll keep to my original idea to make twin pieces for either side of my door - hmmmmmmm we'll see!
See more great design walls at Judy's patchworks!