Friday, February 25, 2022

Spray Time on Off the Wall Friday

Finally ready to Quilt!


How in the world are we looking at March already?  I mean you wouldn't know it since we are

expecting 6" of snow tonight...but still!  I look at my "Things to Do" list on my studio wall and thought I better start getting back after it!   One project I left on the back burner is the Cherrywood Challenge.  When I say on the back burner, I really mean, it's been ruminating around in my snow-covered mind, but I haven't actually done anything yet.   Back in October, it seemed like I had so much time to get this 20" square done!

So tonight, I  took the plunge and finally broke out my new toy, the  Crayola Air Marker Sprayer.  (see it really is a toy!!)  

The rule of the challenge is that you
can only use the fabric in the kit, but they encourage you to manipulate that fabric in any way your heart desires.  Of course, my heart desires all things Crayola (show of hands.... whose with me on this?? )  Isn't one of the best things about being an adult is that you can buy anything in the Crayola aisle that you want??  In my initial research, I discovered that Crayola makes this nifty marker sprayer which is geared toward kids 7-10, so I thought - Perfect - I can do this!

I discovered tonight that yes....I....can.  It was indeed as easy as it looked!  You just choose a color marker, screw it into the end of the gun, point and pull the trigger.  Easy-Peasy!!  You don't even have to clean it between colors.  The kit comes with paper, little markers, and stencils but who needs those when you can buy a monster 40 marker set from Crayola.  I'm thinkin' that I should be able to find the colors I need in there. 

 


As you can see there obviously is a learning curve but I literally only played with it for about 15 minutes.  It works just as nice on fabric as it does on paper.  I really could have played with it longer but ..ya know... I have a post to write!  
Muslin


The plan is to use the sprayer to give some real-life dimension to the graffiti.  How??? I haven't quite worked out but at least I'm on the right path.  I'll keep you posted!

Under things I Like....

Today was a good mail day!  Don't you love a good mail day?!   My eBay package of Tim Holtz's  Eclectic Elements fat quarters came in.  You see I've been hoarding my bonus points at work to buy myself something I totally didn't need but really, really wanted.  I finally cashed them in for an eBay gift card to buy these amazing fabrics.  When they came today, I was so excited knowing they didn't cost me a dime and I could buy them ... just to buy them!!  I personally think that Tim Holtz and his marketing team are brilliant to finally bringing his designs into fabric.  So many mixed media uses!  



Of course, I don't have anything specific planned yet.  I think I'll just fondle them for a while!

So What Have You Been Up to Creatively?




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

Oh, that sprayer looks like a bunch of fun! I am a big fan of Tim Holtz, and I have a stash of his fabric waiting to be played with. Those fabrics are gorgeous; you'll have fun with them.

Kathy S. said...

That looks like so much fun. While our son was hanging out with his youth group this week I had an hour and a half to kill. I found myself in the markers/pens/paint aisle at a bargain discount store. I ended up with some glitter markers and some coloring book tape. Yes, it is fun to be an adult in the Crayola aisle!

Angela said...

Oh! Yes, to the Crayola! Sometimes we just have to play.

Laceflower said...

Fondling, yes fondling is so calming yet can be inspirational.