My life in the last few years have become pretty routine and mundane. Which I like. A LOT. Needless to say the last few weeks have been anything but mundane and routine. Every morning brings a new day's challenge .... a new day's reality. Just when you think that the news couldn't get any worse, it does.
Here in Pennsylvania, our K-12 schools are shut for at least 2 weeks, most universities are switching
and daughter will be home with me. The enormity of all this is kinda overwhelming.
And to top it off...my long awaited vacation to John C. Campbell's Folk School was of course cancelled. (As it should be - but still! geesh!!)
The good news is that taking a break from the hustle and bustle of life in a first world country isn't such a bad thing.....especially when you're passion involves taking perfectly good fabric, cutting it up into several pieces and sewing it all back together.
So I'm proposing the ....Corona-Quilt Along
Its easy enough.
- Make a list of quilty, creative things you want to do (that doesn't involve binge watching Netflix or eating too many snacks!)
- Take pictures,blog about them in progress
- Write a final post of what you got done when the powers that be say we can get back to our busy lives.
- Post to Off the Wall Friday
Need some ideas??
- clean and organize your fabric/notion storage
- Challenge yourself with a new skill and practice it!
- watch a class on youtube or blue print
- take up hand work
- research your favorite artist and do a piece inspired by them
- journal this unique time and base a piece on that
- finish as many UFO's as you can
The biggest thing to remember is that as far as world wide emergencies go this isn't the worse one. Concentrate on the things we are blessed to have and the things we still have under our control. Remember this is going to make one good story one day!!
SO JOIN ALONG IN THE FUN....TAKE THE CORNA-QUILT CHALLENGE AND START POSTING NEXT WEEK!!
Take care of yourselves, be safe and Quilt - On! God Bless!!!
So What Have Been Doing Creatively?
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Great idea! I'm feeling like I'm going to gain all my weight back. I'm making masks for our local hospital and continue making those purses for the Sew Powerful project. But want to do something to document this time. Thanks for the idea. And do stay safe and healthy.
Thank you for that positive upbeat post. Let's all try to make the best if this dreadful situation.
Post a Comment