So I thought I would come up with a list of Creativity Exercises that I could do when I needed a little
A Collection of Cool Calisthenics for the Creatively Challenged
|Squint Your Eyes - See the Values|
- Value Studies - Pick an inspirational picture from your collection. Squint your eyes seeing the blobs of values. Make a quick sketch coloring it in grey scale.
- Cut Ups/Glue Back - Take an interesting magazine picture. Cut it up into big hunks. Glue it back quickly together in a totally new composition. Hang on design wall. Repeat with a new one.
- Draw A Sharpie Squiggle - With a regular pencil finish off the squiggle (or curve) into full fledged picture or composition.
- Tackle Youtube - Watch an artist creating in an alternative medium or listen to a Ted Talk on Creativity.
- Doodle - Use doodling to explore Line and texture. Try different styles. Try not lifting your pen. Try not to self edit.
- Go For A Walk - Take a familiar Path but this time really look closely at things around you. See the beauty of where you live and explore the interesting compositions that you walk by everyday. Take a camera to capture it.
- Play with PicMonkey - Pick a photo and just start playing with it- Crop it - Add Filters - Add Text etc. etc.
- Crank Up the Music - Now just draw, paint, fuse down what the music is saying to you without you thinking about it too much
- Quote It - Take a favorite quote - Decorate it anyway you want - color, collage, etc - send it to a friend
- Analyses Art - dust off the art books you have and really look at what makes great art great. Pick out focal points, name compositions, look at palettes
So these are some off the top of my head. DO YOU HAVE ANY?