|Created by taking A few birdhouses - Changing Scale, #2|
Yeah, me too!!!
So since, I've been on this journey of abstract art as of late, I thought I would brainstorm some ideas on how to abstract a photo. Not all of these will work with every photo, but they definitely will get the ball rolling!
|The Curves, Using #1|
- Trace over main lines in the photo, then repeat those lines once or twice - varying the distance between the lines.
- Chose an interesting part of the photo. Crop it and Enlarge. Use that part or Crop and Enlarge again.
- Take inspirational photo (or painting) - Crop interesting elements out of it - changing the size of them at will. Rearrange into a new composition. (See my Edward Hopper inspired piece below)
Edward Hopper Inspired Collage #3
- Take a photo and turn it into grey scale. Pixilate it into lovely blurriness to create a value study of the photo. Create from there. Here are my examples.
- Take a Photo - Cut it into squares - Rearrange the squares - trace out the main elements and
Photo manipulation on Photo Elements - #6
- Take Photo - put it into a Photo Editor - start playing with skewing it, erasing elements, rotating it - add layers - take away layers - then trace the most interesting part
- Trace out main shapes of the photo - Exaggerate the shapes - make them into any shape - organic or geometric
|Created with #2 - Crop, Enlarge, Crop, Enlarge|
So while I've been playing with photo manipulation. . . . .
What Have You Been Up to Creatively?