Friday, August 21, 2015

Simple Simplicity - Off the Wall Friday

Why does everything have to be a production? 

You ever notice that?

Why can't life be simple?!

Lately, I've been yearning for simplicity.  Simplicity in my work, in my home, in my thoughts!  Even when I start thinking of how to make things more simple, it seems to get complicated!!  sighhhhh!

I've been putting together a plan for my studio time for the next few months and its been a struggle.  The real world keeps pushing in and it seems, I'm going to have to get tough, fast!  I don't want to lose the  creative momentum from Quilting by the Lake.

My studio time is going to have to be the priority.  Its that simple.  And that hard.


 For me the answer is always lists and routine.  Between the two, maybe I'll be able to get my work back on track as well as my fall cleaning done!


Enough of my artist angst. . . .

What have you been up to creatively?! 


4 comments:

quiltedfabricart said...

I know what you mean about simplicity. It was my "word to live by" for this year but it's soooooooo hard to actually do. Simplicity takes thought and planning something that is not my nature. My nature is to plunge in, try and do. If it doesn't work, fix it. I wish you much luck :-)

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

I feel like I don't below in this linky. These folks including you are so talented. Amazing. Thanks for hosting.

Luann Fischer said...

I can so relate to trying to live simply! When it comes to routines and lists, it is definitely the way that I can get things accomplished.
At the beginning of July I stated, publicly, that I had just three intentions on my list for the month. At the end of July, they were all still on the list!!
I decided to give it another go for August. This time I posted a much larger commitment listing. I put together a schedule/routine of when I would work on each item.
More than 50% of the items on my list progressed to a point that I'm calling them "OK for the day". And with 1/3 of the month to go I will have a good finish for August.
I think being specific as to what project on what day would get worked on, gave me a better focus.
Hope your plans work as good for you as my August 'over achiever' list is working for me.
Luann
www.letscreatetoday.blogspot.com

Turtlemoonimpressions said...

Breathe deeply my dear! It helps.