Friday, May 16, 2014

Fall Finish! Off the Wall Friday

Fall II, 54" by 38"
Greetings from my parent's cabin here in upstate New York.  Its gorgeous here - now that spring has finally sprung.  You know the only place that gets more snow than Erie, PA  is here on Tug Hill Plateau (just south of the Adirondacks!).

Point Rock Creek - On my Parent's property

Its been a busy  two weeks getting ready for QSDS at the end of the month but I still managed to finish up the quilting on next in my season's series - this is Fall II.  I love these and I can totally see me doing another one - I like how its pretty and its art - I mean what more could you ask for?


Since my birthday is coming up, I asked for. . . .  pfd cotton from TestFabrics.  I know you're thinking - of course you did!!!   So  you'll be seeing a bunch of my dyeing results over the next two weeks!

I just happen to finish this up in time for Amy's online Blogger's Quilt Festival  - so am linking to that!   I've been participating in this fun event since I started blogging and its great fun!  Thanks Amy!

This is  fourth in Season series - here is its sister quilt.  I really do have 6 others that are already designed.  I wonder if I'll get through them all!


So What have you been up to creatively?

8 comments:

Julia Graber said...

That creek looks so inviting, cool, and refreshing. Beautiful!!! And I love your art!

Terry Whyte said...

Your quilts is gorgeous. I love how the lines all crisscross the circles differently. Lots of movement also.

quilthexle said...

Beautiful - I love the movement and the detail in your quilt !

Hilary Florence said...

I really like this quilt - the colours work so well together, the contrast of straight, angles and curves is great. Good luck in the competition!

Christine Staver said...

Nina-Marie, you have been a bad, bad girl! You did not work on your landscape!! I really like this quilt so I forgive you. I haven't made much progress on mine either.

quiltedfabricart said...

I grew up in the Adirondacks so I know the peacefulness of the place. You are one lucky woman - that river is beautiful - you should do your landscape of that.
Happy Birthday!

Quilter Beth said...

I'm working on a quilt for my new granddaughter that contains circles of beautiful fabric. I was interested when I saw your Fall quilt in this post. Just last night (before I had read your post) I was putting strips of fabric (in the form of an X) on the circles up on my design wall (they looked just like some of yours). I wanted the quilt to represent kisses and hugs with the circles and Xs. I didn't like the Xs on mine, though. I guess the front of the quilt will have to represent hugs and the back kisses! I really like the "lines" on your circles. Great minds think alike!

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

Nina Marie: I love your entry in the blogger quilt fest. The balance and color in the design are just perfect.