Friday, November 29, 2013

Creatively Thankful for. . . .Off The Wall Friday





As the annual post turkey lethargy sets in, I finally have a quiet moment to reflect on what
I’m truly thankful for in my creative life. 

 

First of all, I’m thankful that I have a creative life. Every once in a while I run across someone who has no kind of passion in their life – nothing to spark their interest.  It always amazes me how they can live like that.  Everyday life is filled with the mundane and annoying.  Without quilting, I would get very cranky.





New this year, I ‘m thankful for my studio.  That was reinforced when I could just close the French doors on the mess my latest project, and my thanksgiving guests were none the wiser.  It truly is a blessing to have a designative space to create.



I’m thankful for all the great teachers I’ve had over the years including but not limited to the late, great Joan Colvin, Jeannette DeNicolis Meyers, Cynthia Corbin and Elizabeth Barton. Not only are they great artists but they're also great educators - which is an art within itself.   Without their patient guidance, I would still be making 9-squares – not that there’s anything wrong with making 9 square – some of my best friends make 9 – squares! grin



I’m thankful for my creative family who understand and support the need for studio time over a home cooked meal.  On the same note, I’m thankful for my critique buddy Sandy whose friendship has added a sense of connection that quilting is suppose to have.



And finally, I’m very thankful for Off the Wall Friday – which I swear I wasn’t quite sure was a good idea at first.  Without it and you all, I would never keep creating 12 months a year.  Its kept me inspired, focused and entertained. 



So what are you thankful for??




Ohhhhhh and what are you up to creatively?

6 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

This will sound so trite....but I'm happy for each and every day!!

The Inside Stori said...

This will sound so trite....but I'm happy for each and every day!!

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

I am Thankful for Off the Wall Friday! It has inspired me to work on something every week and get it posted, so I can join all your wonderful artists who share their fabulous creations. I have also posted a link to our Art Group called Fyber Cafe, their art work at Show & Tell every meeting is inspiring.

Sherri said...

Besides the usual stuff I am thankful for, I really mean it when I say I am thankful for bloggers like you that keep my creative juices flowing. I KNOW blogging can be a lot of work and I really appreciate it. Thank YOU!

Margaret said...

I am thankful for venues in which to share my process as well as finished work, and this is one of them. Bless you!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I am thankful for good friends and family - and to be blessed with the time to let my creative dreams soar! :)