Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kid's Art - WOW!



For the last 7 years I take one week a summer and teach art to kids. Its always an amazing and inspiring time. I always pick lessons that introduce a famous artist or design element. I can't tell you how much I learned while preparing these lessons. Along with this, I always try to let the kids create while keeping a bit of structure. I thought I would post the pic's from this year's session. I teach two one hour classes (one to 4-6th graders - one to 2-3rd graders). As you might have guess - the 2nd and 3rd graders always seem to be more creative. By 4th grade everyone starts to worry if their work is good enough or looks like something. Here are the first two lessons, one being on Frank Lloyd Wright's stain glass windows (sharpie pens and overhead sheets) and the other is watercolor silhouettes. I've found that kids like both medium since they are so user friendly and can produce some really bright colors.

No comments: