Friday, June 4, 2021

A Little Focus on Off the Wall Friday


 Back!  Finally!!  Thank you all for the prayers and kind thoughts!  This week I entered back into my real life after spending three weeks helping my parents out.  When you're gone that long, you're normal routine starts feeling a little surreal.  Four days back and I'm still not quite into the swing of things.  My good friend Rhonda said that all I needed was a little focus and routine.  She's so smart!

Just to show you how little focus I have, I was cleaning out my room and found the latest book by Jennifer Sampou called Ombre Quilts.  I've been quietly collecting ombre commercial prints over the last 3 years and I've been itching to get them into a project.  I thought, "I'll whip up one of these quilts to get me back into the swing of things!! "  The dose of reality came from  Rhonda who reminded me that my little girl quilt still needs quilted and wasn't I working on my English Paper Piecing windmill quilt.  sighhhhh ... it gets better...I walk into my studio and see the half done art quilt for my masterbath.  OMG  how could I forget these!  It's like my mind just blocked it all out.  

Focus and routine....so back I'm going into my studio to get these projects done before I start a new one!


Now onto.... Things I Like.....

With us cutting the cord from cable, I've been watching more free videos on YouTube.  This last month I discovered a great channel called ...Great Art Explained in  Minutes.  I never took an Art History class so it seems like there is so much to learn and BOY does these videos teach a lot.  It's amazing what is in a painting once you start looking.  I can highly recommend you take a look!


So What Have Been Up to Creatively?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

Thanks for the tip on the art videos - I've been looking for something like that!

Rebecca Grace said...

Glad to hear all is well with you again, Nina-Marie! I can definitely relate to your selective WIP Amnesia Syndrome. I need to drag out my sampler UFO and get it back up on my design wall again because when it's out of my sight, it's WAY out of my mind!

DVArtist said...

Happy you are home and getting back into your life. Just take it one day at a time. Have a wonderful weekend.