Friday, May 18, 2018

Vacation Inspiration - Off the Wall Friday



Once again, I'd like to apologize for messing up the link up last Friday.  You'd think that after nearly 300  times of doing it I could do it in my sleep.  In fact, there have been weeks that I HAVE done it in my sleep - grin.  But still let me tell you, Disney World wiped me out.

An Average WDW Day
That all said, we had a great time.  There was so much to see and do and eat and hear. . .well there was SO MUCH.  Included in there was inspiration.  Now this time I promised myself I wasn't going to spend the whole time taking pictures like I have in the past, but I did manage to take some that interested me at the moment.  I thought I could use these as ideas for future projects.

With vacation season upon us, here are some ideas to take your photos and turn them into vacation inspiration!



Art Work Photos 

 Take pictures of art work that gives you ideas of what you can do next.  This is an amazing wall fiber piece on the wall of Tiffins, a signature restaurant in Animal kingdom.  They had it commissioned for the restaurant with a crazy quilt kind of backing and paper lantern animals on top.




Favorite Places

Take pictures of favorite places or attractions and play with your photo editor to give them a new look.  THEN use that for inspiration.  This of course is Hollywood Studio's Tower of Terror  which was NOT one of my favorites since I'm not a thrill rider.  But since I waited outside while my husband rode, I had time to take the picture.  My favorite ride in all of WDW is Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom.



Candid Moments

Everyone's photo files are filled with posed pictures of the holidays and vacation.  But really what I want to remember are the quiet candid moments you can catch with your camera.  Here is one of Paul on Magic Kingdom's People Mover.  The People Mover goes all around Tomorrowland and its one of the few places you can have a quiet moment.  Not to mention look how cool the curve of the line is!


Favorite Textures and Patterns 
 Let me tell you, once you start looking, there are really great patterns and textures all over the place.  In fact I had to promise myself getting caught up looking at them and stopping everyone around me to take a picture of them this vacation.

This is a street grade on main hub of the Magic Kingdom right in from of Cinderella's Castle.  One thing that Disney gets high marks in is the details in their themes.  Its overwhelming really.

Abstracts

 Don't forget that a lot of those pictures that you think didn't turn out all that well that can be turned into interesting abstracts.  Also big iconic shots can be cropped to find the more intimate bits inside.

I have a ton of blurry shots where I just snapped quick.  They all could be made into cool abstracts.

Thanks for letting me share some of 25th Anniversary trip pic's and ideas on what to do with all those vacation photos!!

So What Have You Been Up to Creatively?



3 comments:

Ann Scott said...

Thank you for sharing some of your trip and great photography tips too! I linked up from my blog to yours and appreciate the opportunity!

quiltedfabricart said...

I have a hard time with abtracts and I like the idea of taking a blurry photo. Very interesting idea. Your trip sounds exciting and exhausting at the same time.

Celebrity News said...

Best Birmingham taxi service
birmingham hotel taxi
birmingham taxi
hiring car rides in uk
birmingham taxis
coach hire services birmingham
minibus hire birmingham
birmingham taxi service