The answer...A LOT! In fact, even though this is my 14th time packing, its still a bit daunting. Why?? Because not only do you need to pack all your clothes, toiletries, bedding, kitchen & bath essentials, but you want to make sure you bring with you everything you need to create for a 5 day class.
Now I know that the teacher supplies a Supply List, but let's face it, this only includes the unique items for the class. Most teachers include some kind of all inclusive sentence like, "Bring all the tools and equipment you need to create". Okay then - that narrows it down. So I thought I would put together a list of things which will make your life easier in class but forgot to pack.
13 Things You Never thought to Pack for Quilt Retreat & Conference
- Zip-Lock Baggies, quart & gallon size - the perfect thing to bring home scraps, pattern pieces and odds & ends notions
- Paper Lunch bag - taped to the edge of the table it comes in really handy
- A Sketching Pencil set - Most design classes start with some kind of design exercises done on paper - my pencil set with a good erasure, pencil sharpener and varying degree of lead hardness comes in super handy.
- A Coffee Mug - No, not for coffee - but to hold your scissors, seam ripper, rotary cutter etc on your table. It will save you a ton of time if you know where those are and not under the mountain of fabric on
- A Water bottle - Sewing is thirsty work and its nice to have your favorite water bottle (preferably with a filter) that can be filled at a near by water fountain.
- Extra Pins - you'd be surprised on how many pins you go through!
- Nail File & Clippers - Don't you hate when you get a hang nail?!?
- Post-A- Notes - perfect to help remember design ideas or leave a note for friend in class
- Advil (pain killers) - After 10 hours of sewing in a room full of 20 women - who doesn't need an advil?
- Chocolate - perfect for a Pick-Me-Up - or to help make new friends
- Business cards - give them out to all your new friends (made by giving them chocolate!)
- Mini Spray Bottle - Most conferences supply irons with steam functions but not all sewers like to use steam - so this way - you can have your iron and steam it too!
- Painter's Tape - perfect to hang things, but also for labels
hmmmmmmm, now what did I forget??? Any ideas?? What do you like to bring?
So, what have been up to creatively lately?