Now that all said, I always have had a kind of creative bucket list in the back of my mind. Since my creative life is ever evolving, so is the bucket list. Still, I didn't think it was a bad idea for me to get it down in some concrete form (well as concrete as the cyber world is), just in case something like the Zombie Apocalypse happens tomorrow.
Nina's Bucket List
- Take a Workshop with Sue Benner. Everytime a bunch of us get together and start talking about the great quilt teachers out there, Sue's name pops up. Time and time again, I've heard that she's one of everyone's favorite teacher's so I definitely want a chance to take a class.
- Visit the great art museums of the world including and not limited to - Louvre, MOMA, The Tate, the Art Institute of Chicago, The Guggenheim, The Getty (I checked off the National Gallery this summer!)
- Have a proper Studio. What I mean "proper" - it is totally independent of this house. Now I have the space - this amazing carriage house with a great second floor. All it needs is electricity, plumbing, insulation, storage, hmmmm. .. . . walls, Oh and a kickin' sound system.
- Teach nationally. Now I don't want to make my livelihood from my art or teaching but I would like to give back to new quilt artists the way my great teachers gave to me. Plus I want to show everyone that they can explore their creative self!
- Get accepted into Quilt National and Quilts=Art=Quilts. Now don't get me wrong - its not for the affirmation. I mean if I think a piece of mine is successful than anybody who disagrees with me is obviously wrong or ignorant. Its more about bragging rights - grin - yeah I know - I have a real pride problem. I'll pray on that - grin!
- Have some nice fleshed out successful series. I want to become prolific.
Well on that note, I guess to become prolific I need to actual work at it instead of just make lists!
What's on Your Bucket List???
So, What have you been up to creatively?