Friday, July 12, 2013

Sacred Threads Here I Come - Off the Wall Friday



Well this post finds me on my way to Washington DC for a well deserved weekend away from the same old routine.  I'm so glad my hubby and coworker convinced me to take some time to myself and head down to the artist reception.  While I'm there, I'm going to also visit the National Gallery and
the American Museum of Art since I haven't
seen either.  Funny how when you're a kid, art museums are on the bottom of cool things to see in DC!  I promise to bring back plenty of pictures!

Here's the Info the show:

Location: Floris United Methodist Church, 13600 Frying Pan Road, Herndon, VA 20171 (near Dulles Airport).
Exhibit Dates: July 10-28, 2013
Show Hours: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, Sunday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Admission: $5

I hope if you are in the area that you will take time to go!

So what are you up to creatively:

16 comments:

Eileen said...

Nina, share some pictures from Sacred Threads. I have one piece in the show - "Soaring". Wish I could make it up there. Have a great time!

Lisa Chin said...

Have a great time in DC! One of the best things I ever did for myself was to walk through the National Art Gallery ALL BY MYSELF! It was fabulous to enjoy the art without anyone else dictating what I looked at or for how long. I'm jealous of you being able to go to Sacred Threads too! Enjoy it for all of us who won't be there!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Like Lisa, I am definitely jealous! This sounds like a great event--enjoy yourself! I'm looking forward to your reporting!
best, nadia

The Inside Stori said...

I'm pea green....enjoy your trip!

Susan Lenz said...

Hi! I'm not jealous or pea green ... I'll see you there! Can't wait!
Susan

Margaret said...

Hi Nina Marie,

As I write this, you and Susan are undoubtedly there...and likely several others I've "met" in cyber-space. Have a great weekend; I am sure it will be a wonderful exhibit!

Amy @ Amy's FMQ Adventures said...

Oh yay! I'm (supposed to be) getting ready to head up there in just a little bit.

Hopefully we can meet.

Nina Marie said...

ohhhh great - we'll have our names tags on so we can put names with faces - I guess it never dawned on me that an added benefit would be meeting my OTW friends - very cool.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Have a great time and I look forward to seeing your pictures! ;)

quiltedfabricart said...

Oh! Lucky lady! Enjoy your much deserved time away, it sounds heavenly

Judy said...

We will also be at the National Gallery today (Friday). Looking forward to meeting you too!

xxoo

Sylvia said...

Congratulations on making it into the show! Wonderful that you can make it to the opening! I have never had the chance to visit Washington DC, it is on the bucket list.

Linda A. Miller said...

Enjoy! Enjoy! I wish I could be there to see it. Ah well... If photos are allowed, could you possibly take a few of my 2 quilts? Many thanks! L

Karen S Musgrave said...

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the exhibit! Have fun!

Unknown said...

Have a great time! Will think about your suggestion of my granddaughter playing. Nice idea for a mini quilt! Thanks.

Juanita said...

Lucky you! I have a piece in the show too and would love to see your photos of the show. Wish I were there...