Friday, November 9, 2012

The Crosses Continue - Off the Wall Friday





Well, this week I've finally hit my stride with my new schedule.  Its amazing to me how a new schedule can really throw ya!  Gosh!! took a month till I could finally accomplish going to work, getting the house clean and finding time and energy to sew. 

So the crosses are starting to take shape.  Its really fun doing them this time.  I'm wayyyyy more easy going about the whole process this time.  I'm just kinda throwing them together  - mixing values and different saturations as I go.  But one thing I noticed - the crosses are way too straight and perpendicular.  So this week I'm going to to strive not to be so anal concerning the rotary ruler - LOL! 

Anyways,  I've been having a lot of fun creating innately and finding my inner Rayna Gillman.  Hopefully I'll have it together by next week.

So what have you been doing creatively???



8 comments:

Sylvia said...

I really love how this is turning out! Blues are my happy place, blues and greens a close second.

Unknown said...

I love your improv crosses series and such a fun blog! I'm a blue and green girl too - it's such a calming color palette.

Deborah OHare said...

Love the palette you are using for this.

Vera Holmgren said...

Love your colors but I agree with you, the crosses look a bit too straight.

Beverly said...

I love your color palette- and I'm sure you are enjoying Rayna's improv piecing as much as I do. It takes me places no other method of working does--

Cheryl Lynch Quilts said...

This piece is going to be great. I love the color combos.

Laura Wasilowski said...

You have to love improvisation. It gives you so much freedom to create your own work and forgiveness when you mess up. (Not that any of us would ever mess up.) Glad to hear you're on schedule!

Lynn Cohen said...

Lovely art here. You might enjoy the artists quilts over at art quilts around the world too?