I'm not quite sure when this piece became such a pain in the
Okay, enough griping and moaning - I'm beginning to sound like a designer on Project Runway.
Soooo anywayssssss, I did manage to get the background done and decide on a palette of blue, red and yellow - country style. I wasn't sure at the time since I honestly hate this palette so much that I literally purged my stash of the colors. It was really hard to find any commercial prints on the shelves that would work - I had to even go into my Liberty of London stash. Looking at how its coming now though, I'm very happy with it.
I went on to paper piece the umbrella. Every time I paper piece, I always say, OMG, I'm never doing this again. My mind just doesn't think like a paper piecers should and I'm constantly not cutting enough fabric or putting things on backwards. That aside, it did help keep the umbrella nice and accurate.
With the umbrella done, I went on to do the first beauty. I had a super hard time orienting her on the background. Now let me just say that when I do a full size pattern, I don't really use it as an exact pattern. Its just sort a guideline so that I can keep proportions and curves right as I go. That said, it seemed like I was way off with the beauty. It took a while but I realized that I had way more water than I was suppose to have which made the background 5 feet instead of the 4 feet its suppose to be.
(Insert head slapping moment and another big sighhhhh).
So here is where I am now - with too much water - by next week hopefully the background's proportions will be right and the ladies will be sitting on their blanket soaking up the last rays of summer!
See more Design Walls at Judy's Patchworks!