Luckily I had a nice mind-mushing romance playing on my mp3 player so I made it through the tedious process. Nothing like a happy ending to keep you company. . .right?
With the beauties heading to my machine for the invisible thread treatment, I could turn my attention back to my value studies in my Elizabeth Barton's Quilt University Class.
With this set of value drawings I tried a variation on the swing/barn idea. The problem with this one is that even though the barn is a shade lighter than the swing - its still not enough - plus the roof is really light which makes your eye go right there - so that becomes the focal point.
With second one I made the barn two shades lighter than the swing which blends better with the roof and sets the swing apart better. So this is closer to what I wanted.
With the last one I lightened up the barn which really makes it recede. I also gradated the value of the barn so that the lightest part of the barn is around the swing - highlighting the swing - which is suppose to be the focal point. The roof is still quite light but with bottom of the barn to balance it off it looks fine. I like this one the best - but I'm still not totally sure that this is the finished sketch. I need to work leaves in there somehow - plus I'm wondering if the background it too busy for the swing in the foreground. Sighhhhh - still have more work on this! I'll let ya know how it goes!
See more great design boards at Judy's Patchworks!