After 7 straight days of hand dyeing fabric I learned some things:
- I need to make up recipes for chemical water and dye that suit 4 fat quarters so I'm not wasting either one
- Dyeing this way is a lot less messy and time consuming than I thought
- The muslin that my friend Julia had dyed and sent me dyed up just as well as the pfd fabric did
- Cotton easily took 6 dye baths and still changed every time
- My recipe for rust needs less blue - it came out a really dark blue/brown
- Adobe is really a pretty golden brown with a hint of red undertones
- Twisted fabric makes a really cool pattern if you twist it super, super tight
- Fabric dyeing is super addictive!
I guess I gotta get back to my sewing machine - she's lonely without me - enjoy more great design boards at Judy's Patchworks.