Christmas UFO and finish it in time for - wait for it - Christmas! Doing so I diligently wound 3 bobbins of green Bottom Line. I decided I was going to do the background evergreen in a thread applique rather than in cloth. I knew it was going to take a lot of thread - but OMG didn't realize how much. 3/4rd's of the way through I had to wind 3 more. Now I only used one of those - but still that's a lot of thread.
As you can see I'm almost done with the thread appliques. If you'd like to know how I'm doing them - I blogged out the process in a tutorial. I think I'll just add a few more pine leaves and then sandwich this up for quilting and thread work. I'm not sure how I'm going to quilt it yet - gotta research and plan for that but I'm hoping I can finish it all in a week. Then I'll just sew on the thread appliques on top of it! Can't wait since this has been in my UFO pile for a year!
I did manage to finish up my memorial commission quilt. I'll get a picture of it up as soon as I can figure out how to take a picture of a 10 ft long quilt!
See more design boards at Judy Patchworks!