Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Somethin' on the Wall

Well after a week of working on it - I did manage to get somethin' on the wall.  There was a lot of sweat involved though.  First of all - am I the only one that thinks creating in 95 degree temps is hard? Here on mild Lake Erie we only get this type of weather once or twice a year, so we've never bother to put in a condenser for central air.  Most summer days, my house doesn't go higher than 78  - but not this week!  It was crazy hot in this old Victorian.

Still I moved along on the piece.  Looking at the scale of the last arch I did, I thought I might make this one a bit larger.  I don't know - I just like working with pieces that are around 36 - 45 inches.   With that though, I needed to use some of my bigger hand dyed fabrics.  With the palette of golds, browns and magenta as an accent - I really had to dig through my stash.  It was fun though, pawing up the cottons.  It was like getting reacquainted with an old friend.  I did manage to use quite a few pieces I dyed myself last year - yay!!

Anyways - after a week or so  - I manage to get the basic design done.  I didn't pin it totally down because I want to let it cook while I'm out of town.  I'm sure it will need some adjusting when I get back from Quilting on the Lake.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!! I LOVE the way the red violet and mustardy yellow complement each other. The photo makes my mouth water. :)


Thank you so much for your comment! Its great to get feedback!!!